CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dia de la independencia





On the eve of the Independence Day, I was blessed to serve the Lord in many ways. In the morning, Lupita and I were able to chat, sing and study together. I was very exhausted and discouraged, because I have been spending a lot of time with people and have lacked to feed myself. Therefore, to be honest, I wasn't really excited about spending more time with people. However, when we sang and studied together, God blessed me and encouraged me through Lupita. As I was studying with her, I felt that she was teaching me. It was relieving that I don't always have to be giving, sharing, and always on the ball in my relationship with her. At the same time, I love sharing and spending time with her, because I love her and care so much about her walk with God. I had prayed this morning that God would give me the strength to continue serving Him. He gave me more that I could have imagined and worked through me despite of my flaws and weaknesses. I praise God that He is so much more than we could ask for.

After my study with Lupita, I came home. Nadia, Megan, Annie, Jazmin, and I cooked lunch together. Nadia wanted to learn how to make something Amercian, so we made meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables. It was good to spend time together. By the way, it was delicious. Mom, I miss your homecooked meals.

Next, we got ready, and we went to the church to decorate for the Independence Party. We dressed up in red, green, and white. There were also mexican dishes. Pozole, which is a soup with hominy and salsa, is a very common dish during the holidays. I believe the church really enjoyed the fellowship together.

The grito is a re-enactment of when Miguel Hidalgo encouraged the people to revolt against the Spainiards. We went downtown to participate in the grito. There were a lot of people gathered together as we yelled viva mexico and sang the national anthem. Beautiful fireworks were also displayed this night! I am blessed to be able to experience a different culture!

0 comments: